Colorants; They are additives that add color to foods and improve the color of food. Colorants are used due to reasons such as the food being more attractive to the consumers and the increase in the attractiveness of the food.
Coloring agents used in foods; are divided into two as artificial and natural colorants.
- Anatto: used in cheese, butter, margarine, bakery foods, snacks, soups and beverages.
- Plain Caramel: used in oysters, soy, fruits, canned sauces, chocolate, confectionery, biscuits.
- Carotenes: used in butter, margarine, cake, milk drinks and fruit juice.
- Lycopene: obtained from tomatoes and pink grapefruit.
- Amaranth: used in cakes, fruit sweet fillings and jellies.
- Azorubin: used in confectionery, marzipan and jellies.
- Brilliant Black BN: used in desserts, fish paste, flavored milk drinks, ice cream, mustard, marmalades, sauces, cakes.
- Brown HT: used in chocolate cake.
- Erythrosine: used in canned vegetables, custard, desserts, pastries, biscuits and snacks.
- Indigatin: used in ice cream, desserts, baked goods, confectionery and biscuits.
- Tartrazine: used in colored drinks, desserts, jams, bakery foods, snack foods, canned fish and instant soups